Music is an elixir of life, especially for people that have mental health challenges. Chasing goosebumps has become a favourite hobby since I was about seven.
If you are in the mood to feel like a superhero and put on your your super-suit – No capes otherwise you’ll get caught in a jet turbine! – then listen to my first Psyche Pow! Superhero Mixtape Volume One podcast. It features sunshine-inspired classics from the Jackson 5, Marvin Gaye, Dire Straits, Rupert Holmes, Musical Youth, DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, Kool and the Gang, Boy Meets Girl, Pharrell Williams, Five Star and Echo and the Bunnymen.
Buy tracks from Amazon in MP3 format so you can download them straight away here:
- Can you feel it? Jackson 5
- Ain’t no mountain high enough, Marvin Gaye
- Steppin to the bad side, Dreamgirls soundtrack
- Walk of life, Dire Straits
- Escape (The Pina Colada Song), Rupert Holmes
- Pass the Dutchie, Musical Youth
- Summertime, DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince
- Fresh, Kool and the Gang
- Waiting for a star to fall, Boy Meets Girl
- Happy, Pharrell Williams
- System Addict, Five Star
- People are Strange, Echo and the Bunnymen
Image credit: Scotch (The first clear blue cassette tape my Dad gave me that was recorded in 1983 of the BBC Radio 1 Top 40 Gallup chart. Great memories and I still have it complete with timeless hiss!)
Guetto-blaster image: Sony
I have been DJing feel good, nu disco, chilled, house, hard house and trance for over twenty years under the pseudonym Ben Ricci.
Thanks to the Guardians of the Galaxy for continuing to inspire…
Hope this mix brightens up your day 🙂
Be well. Ben